Thursday, April 28, 2016

The Procrastinator's Assistant

How does one hire somebody when one has less money than Jed Clampett prior to the worst  -and luckiest- hunting shots in history when failing to kill his dinner?
Being poor sucks





I could use some assistance. My good friend who is highly anal retentive, loves lists, and to plan things out meticulously is moving far away soon. She would have been the perfect choice to help me plan and run my crowdfunding campaign and eventual research trip. However, the planning of her own move and job hunt will take all of her efforts.

I am far too good at procrastinating or looking for excuses to complete these tasks myself. This means I'm trying to find someone to help me with said planning stages, the scheduling, and the crowdfunding campaign. Someone who will keep me on track. To kick me in the ass when I need it.


I am trying to figure out ways to compensate whoever helps me with this. There's a few ways this could be done but would have to be discussed in person. It won't be much, which is all I could say at this point.

Preferably this assistant would be someone I know here in Albuquerque. Why? Because I would like to meet up with him or her often enough to keep me energized on this project. Yet, I suppose it can be someone elsewhere and this could all be done through emails, phone calls, Skype or FaceTime.



                                                            The Project In A Nutshell

Many of the dozen or so people that will view this know of the project and what it entails. For those of you who do not, I will describe it a little.
I want to take a solo journey around New Mexico and part of Arizona. I would be visiting towns and other sites that are connected to Billy the Kid. The purpose is to write about my experience as a person who suffers from an anxiety disorder and trying to overcome the agoraphobia I developed do to it.  I would be trying to understand the Kid's own anxieties he may have had as well as trying to deal with -and understand-  my own. This would also be proof to people like me who suffer from such disorders that it is possible to regain at least some of yourself back, to be able to do things with your life once again. To understand that fear can be overcome.

I would hope that as I travel and push myself beyond the limits of what I believed possible to do, and learning some history while doing it, that I will inspire others to do the same. To seek out the help they need and deserve.

This book will be part historical, part educational, part adventure, and part self improvement. Yet hopefully it will be entirely inspirational.



If any of you are interested in possibly assisting, please feel free to contact me here, Facebook, or via email, 
 We can at the very least discuss it and see what we can do.



Thank you for your time

David



The majority of places in New Mexico and Arizona I plan to travel to


Map from "The West of Billy the Kid" (1998) by Fred Nolan 


1 comment: